Thursday, March 28, 2013

Bare Minerals pressed Powder vs. Bare minerals loose poweder

Disclaimer: I actually typed this months ago and just saw it in my draft box. So I am posting now since I still think its a review id like to share!

So I have been an avid Bare Minerals Original Foundation loose powder user for years. It really helped my skin stay healthy and is lightweight, but its messy and I don't like bringing the loose container around in my bag with me, so when I saw they came out with a pressed powder version, Ready Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 20 I ran straight to Ulta. I was super excited. I bought the recommended brush for it as well, the Precision Face Brush.
However, I was quickly disappointed when I started wearing it.
First impression. Packaging was great! A regular mineral compact powder which I couldn't spill or make a mess with and had a mirror. The powder looked smooth and velvety. When you swipe your brush in it and tap it off, alot of product gets on the brush, too much. Also I wear in the Original loose foundation, Fairly Medium, this product in Fairly Medium is not the same color. I had to keep going back and getting different colors. It is not an exact color match to the original. I ended up getting Medium Beige in the Ready Compact. Unlike the Original, you do not want to "Swirl" your brush in the compact then on your face. The proper way to use the compact is the swipe the brush, tap, then swipe it on your face in sweeping motions with the Precision brush. You do not want to "buff" this foundation on. It is a different texture and mix then the Original and will not look the same, hence why you need to apply it differently than you are used to with the loose powder. It has a build able medium coverage which is fine for me.

Nevertheless, applying it properly for me, still didn't make me happy. I don't like this product. It felt dry, cakey, settled too quickly in my lines and never had an even smooth finish on my skin as the loose Original does. I do not like the overall way this feels on my face. I was very disappointed in this. When I happened to be walking by a Bare Minerals store months later, I mentioned it to the makeup artist and she agreed a lot of people felt the same way.

I am surprised to me, this is so different than the Bare Mineral Original Foundation and a little bummed out. I do still have the full compact, since for me I have to try something for awhile usually and at that point it was dumb to return it. Who knows maybe ill re-test it out on a random day and feel differently but the good week or two I gave it when I first purchased it, just didn't leave me with an "I love this" feeling. Latley, I actually havent even been wearing my Bare Minerals Original since I switch my products up so often.

I hope you all enjoyed this review and keep in mind these are my own opinions. Id love to hear yours on the product!

xoxo - Autumn





2 comments:

  1. in modern time every one want make beauty your self so as we know without makeup beauty is not possible for this purpose your post is to important. this post will be more help full for this types of human.
    thanks.
    tow tubes gold coast

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check out my Flik for this product. I swear by this and always rebuy! http://flikapp.com/flik/INZVbgW

    ReplyDelete