Saturday, April 6, 2013

Too Faced Better Than False Lashes Mascara Review


Too Faced Better than False Lashes Nylon Extension System


What is it? Its not just any mascara that promises to plump, thicken and enhance your eyelashes. It is a lash extension system that will give you dramatic, amazing lashes that look like you either were born with amazing long, thick lashes or invested your time in applying false lashes, which lets face it, we do not all have the time to do every day and personally I worry to much about them falling off when I'm out.

It comes with two tubes, a gold, which is Step 1 & 3, the lash primer/mascara; and a smaller white tube which holds the Flexistretch nylon lash fibers and is Step 2.

Here's how Too Faced instructs you to apply it.
 Step 1: Prime the lashes with the activating base(gold tube) in slow, even strokes from lash base to tip. Since this is not a traditional mascara but a lash extension system, traditional quick motions aren't as effective in application.
Step 2: Build the lashes with Flexistretch Nylon Fibers (white tube) in the same slow, even strokes from lash base to tip. As you apply, sweep the brush out in one motion. You should be able to see the white fibers.
Step 3: Seal the lashes and meld the layers together with the base formula (gold tube). In slow, even strokes, pull activating mascara through in one motion, from lash base to tip. Pull the base application through in one even stroke at a time, until all the fibers are covered. Your lashes should look long, full and red carpet ready. For even fuller lashes repeat step 2 and 3.

When I first purchased this I followed those directions exactly. After several days of using this and testing it out, I have learned a few things and have changed the way I applied this daily until I found a way that worked for me.

I want to say first that I start out and complete only one eye at a time. I first curl my eyelashes. Then I  apply the enclosed Gold Tube or primer/mascara only to my top lashes. I do this because this mascara/primer is very sticky and the first few times I used it on bottom and top, my lashes wanted to stick together which was uncomfortable and challenging.

I then immediately grab the nylon lash extension tube and take the wand only on my top lashes as well. I don't know, I haven't tried it on the bottom, but bottom lashes too long just don't look right to me, so stick to the top only. The company says to start from your eyelash base, as you normally would with mascara and go up to your tips. I however, didn't think that made for good, separated lashes. When I did that the first few times, it was too clumpy, and really you don't need to "extend" you base anyway. So I have found it is much cleaner, less clumpy, prettier and more natural to apply the fibers starting at the mid center up to the tips. I really focus more on the tips overall tho. I do about two or three strokes going from the center outward to each side. I don't dip the fiber in the tube until the next eye. It will have plenty on it already.

I finish the top coat with a different mascara. I just don't think the gold tube provided is that great of a mascara and I don't like how sticky it is. I think it was made to be more of a primer and sealer and not neccesarly a builder in itself. I also don't particularly like the wand. So I have used several different kinds as my 3rd step. Urban Decay Lush lash, Urban Decay Super Curl, Benefit They're Real Mascara and Maybelline Colossal Volume Express. They all worked great for me this week so I would recommend any or whatever your normal favorite mascara is. You can do as many coats as you want for your 3rd step starting at the base and working your way up to the tips curling the wand up as you go. I do about 2 or 3 coats, less or more until I feel the fibers are covered and the lashes are separated and feathered out. If you need to you can grab a lash comb and comb any clumps out, but you will still have stickiness so you need to do it quickly. I would only comb if absolutely necessary since one day it actually made some lashes stick together! =( Once its all on, it is very difficult to touch up, almost impossible.

 I absolutely loved how this made my lashes look! It definitely looked like I had false lashes on. Not super dramatic ones, but conservative ones. So for a general mascara it is a GREAT alternative for the time to takes to apply lashes. I will say, that this process is timely in itself in your morning routine, but not as timely as individual lashes.
 
Pros: The White bottle, although small seems to have a lot of product in it, and the brush has so much on it and you only need so little, I can see getting a ton of uses out of it. This will last beyond the mascara.
My husband literally asked me if I had false eyelashes on!
It did not flake on me at all even after a 10 hour day.
Makes for big, popping dramatic eyes!
Easy to use.

 Cons: Mascara is very sticky
I don't feel like the Gold tube, of mascara is worthy of even being in the package. I wish they used one of their better Too Faced mascaras.
It is impossible to take off. I tried makeup remover wipes, coconut oil, face wash, hot washcloth. I don't wear water proof mascara just because its also so hard to take off and is brittle on your lashes and I am very cautious of how sensitive the skin around your eyes is, so for me this is my biggest and one true gripe. Eventually it did come off, but It was a struggle which left me frustrated.
Price- At $35 it is quiet an expensive mascara


Would I recommend this to my personal friends and any one of you? I absolutely would! Too Faced did a great job!

xoxo
Autumn



No comments:

Post a Comment