Wednesday, April 18, 2012

We have been married for 2 months today! Horray!!

Warning!! Photo Overload!! =) <3

Our Wedding day! Two months have past today. Seems like it was ages ago but when I look at the pictures it feels like yesterday. Yup, two whole months, of being the "Newlyweds"! Wow...isn't quite how I thought this "stage" would be. I find this silly since we have been together for so many years, but whatever ill roll with it. Still...isn't what I thought about when I was a little girl and spending all this time with my husband! Instead we are 2000 and some odd miles apart, Scottsdale and Salem, Virgina. Trying to find the time to text, talk, Skype and hopefully visit. Between the kids, work and school and his crazy baseball schedule which leaves little time for Wifey!

I contemplated traveling with him this summer, after the kids get out of school, but the fact of the matter is we have reality and I have a great career I love (most days) and feel great to work and have independence. So much that I'm sure he wishes I would depend on him more. Whatever. Unfortunately, we have insane amount of expenses with two brand new cars, child care, bills, etc that we just couldn't justify it, although I would have eaten ramen every day with him just to be with him this summer. It would just lengthen our time further down from building our dream home and having another baby. So I stayed home, working way too much and enjoying this "Newlywed" life!

Today makes me feel happy! I reflected alot last night while Skyping with him (after bawling my eyes out not realizing how much I really MISS him until I see him and cant touch him) on the amazing and sometimes very tough journey we have been on together and how amazing our wedding day was. In my eyes, (that's all that matters anyway) it was MAGICAL! So this is my "Newlywed" post since I cant be with him. I'm allowed that!

We got married on a BEAUTIFUL Saturday night on February 18th, 2012. After 9 months of planning which most I did alone while he played ball, however, I must say he was heavily involved surprisingly, I married my best friend! Planning this was stressfull at first considering when we set the date he still had no offer from a team yet and we had no idea when he would leave. So needless to say, we took a risk.

I looked with my mom forever for a venue and when we stepped foot at Sassi, my breath was literally taken away. With the help of a DVD they gave me I sent it off to my then fiance and he loved it too! My parents were utterly supportive, involved and AMAZING during the whole process of planning. My mom and Maid of honor were my planning sidekicks and literally were there every step. Sassi is very rustic, old world, huge beautiful doors, iron, candelabras, etc. You name it plus the STUNNING views of the Scottsdale Mountains and the Boulders. To die for! Ruben and I knew we loved, not sure why, but loved a soft lime and black look. It turned out amazing and I'm so glad we stuck with it!

Of course, naturally I wanted to incorporate baseball in very small tasteful ways as to to over do it and have a cheesy effect. We did, after all, meet while he was playing baseball ( I was NOT a cleat chaser) I didn't even ever go to a spring training game in my LIFE until I met him. Our life as been revolved around it and lets face it, its something my husband loves and we shared many places and experiences together with this sport. My mom had this amazing baseball cake and glove made for his Grooms cake, we had table names from "The Bullpen", "The Pitchers Mound", "The Dugout", "The Mariners" (that's who he played for when we met) and the rest were other un related baseball names that were about us. My mom went all crazy and bought baseball silly bands, tattoos, sunflower seeds, old baseball cards, gum, cracker jacks, etc. You name it! We filled them for fun in jars and on his grooms cake table. So fun! The adults loved it more than the kids. Of course naturally, most of the groomsmen were ball players he has known forever and has remained very close with. Which is hard to do when they are always been moved around. Aside from this, baseball related items ended there!
After it was invaded
My cake, was to match my dress! Pearls pearls pearls! Loved it! The cake people did an amazing job. We had tall and short centerpieces. They were green and white Hydrangea with tall iron candelabras and hanging crystals. Others were smaller with ribbon. Each guest had a black box with a green ribbon with Custom green and black M&Ms which my mom (I told you she got really into our special day) had our faces made on them with sayings like "At last"! So cute!
We also hired a photo booth which was SO much fun. I could have stayed in there all night! I know our guest loved it and our photo booth guest book is something so neat to look back on! In addition, my fav, we also hired a Cappuccino company to come out the last few hours and make gourmet coffee drinks! So yummy..although I had one only at the end. Bummer!
Our cocktail hour had a Mariachi band and custom Margaritas which were SO amazing. I still need to ask for the recipe!

Our guitarist sang Marry me as the wedding party went down the asile. 6 Bridesmaids, 6 Groomsmen, 1 Junior Bridemaid, 2 flower girls and 1 sign holder! Tears!  Instead of a sand or candle cereomny, we did what I naturally would do..a wine ceremony! Score! We had some laughs during this.
The Kids table named 'Disneyland" activity books.

We wrote our own Vows. Mine were so long and I started to cry so much, I got through half . I dont knwo how brides do it. Makeup ruined! He loved them so much he now has a part of them tattooed on his whole forearm which he sees as a reminder of how much I love and support him every time he pitches.

Letting  the girls have a bit of the ball I threw in Brews face!
I had the best night of my life! It seems like it flew by, but it was amazing. I could not have asked for more from my parents or Brew and his hard work during the off season to help! I am so glad to be Mrs. Flores. Now if I can get my mom to throw such a bangin vow renewal every year! Ha ha!

Maybe I should sleep in it tonight!
The girls being silly in the Photo booth!
Our Special moment without seeing one another before the wedding.
My Handsome Mr.

Parts of Vows. He picked parts he wanted. <3


The end! Now maybe next time someone can teach me how to make a slideshow!

1 comment: