Thursday, January 3, 2013

Where have I been?

Life has been so crazy since the season ended and Brew came home. As soon as he came home, we had the usual MAJOR adjustment of him being here again day in and day out after I was home alone, head of the house for almost 7 months with two kids and two dogs. So that's always fun. After we got settled again he signed up for school for some Fire Science classes. He has a free college education from the Mariners since he was drafted out of early college so why waste it when he has so much free time. As I discussed in a previous blogs, his general passion is just helping others so starting the fire department process again that we started a few years ago was just the natural thing to do when he came home. As of now in January he has completed his EMT Classes and EMT certification which is great. Its just a small step in a positive direction and it was FREE!
 
The girls and I love having him home again. We finally feel normal again and I look forward to coming home every night to him!
 
As far as me, our company ARC Southwest, a company my mom and a partner started closed its doors. It was very sad and difficult to see all of their hard work just end after almost 3 years but it was a necessary step due to some outside issues which were nothing about our performance or how well the company was doing. So that made it even harder. I knew ahead of time so started looking for new companies to move to. I ended up taking November off, which was a nice break and finishing my real estate license finally. It gave me the time to spend with the girls and Brew and finish an important part of my career. I ended up getting a great job offer in October but didn't start until Early December. Its been a month now and things are going okay, just a major change in my duties, responsibility and work I am not used to. I transitioned from Multi Family to Single Family which has major differences in itself. I'm used to being a workaholic and this is a big break in workload. Everyone keeps telling me its good for me to take a breather for awhile and I should be happy but I guess I thrive on work. Wander where I got that from?!
 
So for now we are back to normal, figuring things out along the way and thinking about our future. I will catch up on a few other blogs this weekend and week! I have a few FABULOUS products to review! =)
 
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment